Our shiny new Health care bill seems to me to be the next big foundational block in a communistic trend for these good ‘ol United States of America. I know I’m risking sounding like a stuffy old fart from the 50’s but I try to call them like I see them … and this is plain for all to see.
Following are the 10 points that Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels laid out in the Communist Manifesto as prior conditions for a transition from capitalism to communism. I’ve added my thoughts on our current state regarding each point. Even though we still have a good number of rights and liberties left as outlined by the Constitution and Declaration of Independence it seems to me that we, as a people, have become complacent. Liberty needs constant vigil.
1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rent to public purpose
- The Kelo vs. New London Government can take your property if it wants to and keep it or give it to someone else.
- Property taxes approaches this as far as I’m concerned.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Yes, we have this; the more you make the more you pay
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance
- half way there; death tax can take up to 100% depending on the judge and how much $$$ is involved
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels
–The IRS can take your stuff without due process so don’t rebel!
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly
- This is the Federal Reserve, which BTW is its own sovereign entity
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the State
- FCC, DOT, FAA, etc.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan
- Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency, Green Credits, list goes on
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture
- We don’t have this yet … but this sure sounds like a guest worker program to me.
- Also reminds me of the Salvation Army, Red Cross, groups that have mandatory missionary ‘missions’,
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country
- Bye bye small farms, hello massive food industries (who employ a large number of “guest workers” BTW)
10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.
- K-12 is already there in MHO; how many times does the school send the kids home with fund raising initiatives? College is getting there and now is closer thanks to the health care bill; if you have lots of student loans you can get a lot of it forgiven by working 10 years for the Fed. what a bargain!